I have completed some DIY projects though. Indoors it was mostly painting picture frames.
The two above both got a new coat of a Porters Chalk Paint called Milk. The frame on the right was too white, and the frame on the left was a grassy green. I liked them both with the actual paintings but they just weren't working in the room or working together. I end up doing about three coats of whitish colours, so it can take a while with all the drying time in between but we got there in the end.
This print off an old glass slide also got a Milk painted frame. (All the frames are from old paintings gathered in second-hand shops. I haven't actually decided on the hanging configuration or location of everything yet.)
Then I did one frame in green, to match all the other green things. After a somewhat ridiculous quest for the perfect green, this one ended up a completely wrong bluey colour, and in the end I decided that the original colour was better. It now has a ridiculous number of paint layers on it, but I prefer it like this.
One thing I haven't fixed up yet is this table. I found it for $5 in the green shed (the shop attached to the tip) and just plonked some plants on it, but I quite like it. It just needs sanding and restraining. I don't think I'll paint it.