Tuesday, November 17, 2015

All the painted green things

Like I said on Facebook, if your house is full of random old crap from op shops, I mean vintage retro up-cycled treasures, then chalk paint (a self-priming paint you can slop on anything then say it looks "distressed" on purpose) is your friend. I think I have finally run out of things to paint green.


I bought this old box at a garage sale in Townsville forever ago, which has mostly been under my bed since, but is now the coffee table. I possibly put too much green onto this (it originally had patchy turquoise paint on it), so then I used the dark wax on it to rustic-it-up a little.


This table was a family hand-me-down. Someone had sanded and re-stained the legs but not the top so it looked terrible without something over it.


I got this plant stand for $2 from the white elephant stall at our recent church fete.


When I first moved here I had nothing for a TV, and this shelf was $30 in the local Vinnies and had a hole through the back for cords, so I thought it would do, but it was that yucky orangey pine. It is also really a bit too tall for the telly, but I will deal with that later.


I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this at a garage sale, but it now houses magazine/coffee-table-books or others in progress etc.


I think my Mum got this from somewhere and it had a dark blue sort of wash on it so it went all white. For now it's where the phone and modem live.


I tried some old frames (a good way to get frames for art works is to buy old pictures in op shops and ditch the faded print or canvas painted by someone learning to paint). I'm not sure the linen inserts on these ones work, but anyway.

No comments: