Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The latest Mumford and Sons

So, this is old news now, but I have just got around to listening to the new Mumford and Sons song. I don't know what I think of it yet. No-one can say that it sounds just like all their other music in this case (which I don't find a particularly stinging criticism in any case - if fans like a band for their sound, who benefits from them changing it?). It sounds like something else, but I haven't yet put my finger on what (the chorus is reminiscent of something from Bon Iver maybe?). I like some of the lyrics -"So tired of misconceiving/What else this could've been" ... "This is never going to go our way/If I'm gonna have to guess what's on your mind". Yes. Use words folks. Don't leave important things to mind reading. Even if you think the other person should/can read your mind, you still need to use words. To be sure, to be sure. Everybody feels more secure if there's words.

No comments: