Saturday, July 12, 2014

The question girls have answered by their father

I have to say, I find all the articles well-meaning folks post on Facebook about the importance of fathers hard to read at times, though I read them all, out of some kind of morbid curiosity. That or a desire for some kind of enlightenment that might bring about some kind of transformation. But I do usually start to squirm and feel like they all explain my life. Like this (which I edited because it doesn’t actually make sense the way it’s written in the article), from this week’s Facebook link, which is well worth reading for what else it says by the way (and there’s a nice little mention of a lighthouse, which is my thing for this week). This is in reference to daughters and their fathers:
They also look to their dads for the answer to the question, ‘How can I expect to be treated by a man?’ If the dad treats them with respect, they set the bar of respect high. They don’t take crap from blokes.
Sigh.

But if that makes you thoroughly depressed, read this one

No comments: