Sunday, May 04, 2014

The Always and Forever Love

There ought to have been a blog announcement made, with great fanfare, about this, but I did finally finish reading through the ESV Study Bible and notes. That was a very worthwhile exercise, but I am glad to be done with that monster of a book. My bible reading has been a big ad hoc since then, but I will start on some kind of system or other thing again soon. I have been reading from the Holman, and it is good to read familiar things in unfamiliar language sometimes. Also, Koorong had a sale this past week, so I got myself something I have wanted for some time, The Jesus Storybook Bible, by Sally Lloyd-Jones. You can miss out on all this goodness without children, but I decided I could have one for myself in any case. It’s so poetic and beautiful. The children's language chokes me up. I particularly love this page (if you click the picture it should get bigger).




2 comments:

Karen said...

We are doing the kids' curriculum for the Jesus Storybook Bible in our kids' program at church this year. I read that story to the 3-5 year olds yesterday....although I hadn't read that particular story for a while and actually thought the previous page (where the last words were "The End") was the end of the story. Awkward, but I had already summarised the Jesus rescue plan covered on the page in your picture above so I came back and read that page in more of a hurry than I would have liked....
Note to self for future weeks...make sure I read the story beforehand so I know where it ends!

Ali said...

Ah yes, I originally thought it was the end of that segment on the previous page also! Glad I turned over. I love the way it tells the story of Adam and Eve. Good on you for doing the Sunday School. It's been a few years now since I was involved in such a thing and a hat off to folks who do it every week.