Tuesday, March 04, 2014

The Apostle's Creed again

Sorry folks, I have had a little something else to write of late, and am also trying to put more energy into finding another new job. But a few weeks ago I posted a music video of the Apostles Creed by Third Day and Brandon Heath. I have been thrashing it somewhat ever since and have now found the original by the late Rich Mullins (who suffered the tragic fate of many a good musician). I actually quite like this version too when it gets going, with a bit more 90s rock and drama, even though it sounds like he is going to break into Love is in the Air towards the end. He is playing a hammered dulcimer, which is what I now know is that strange instrument is in the acoustic version. I don’t know whether a church congregation could sing this (it’s a bit tricky round “he was conceived by the Holy Spirit” I think), but it would be super if they could.I could go a little "charo" on this one.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

This is wonderful. Great joy.
Go well with the job hunt.
Mx

Ali said...

Yes, it's great isn't it? Could probably do without the theatrical background strings but I do like the drumming.

And thanks on the job front.

EJK said...

I remember hearing this when I was 12, and loving it SO MUCH! I was a weird child who wasn't allowed to listen to the radio, so songs like this made an impact. Had a huge nostalgic moment just now. Thanks for the post!