Saturday, November 30, 2013

"Didn't we have a lovely time

The day we went to B …". Except there was no "we" (that might have been lovelier, but c'est la vie), and it was to Bungendore that I went. But I did have a very pleasant day. I considered opening a bottle of cider, and I did indeed sing a few of my favourite songs as the wheels went round (if you have no idea what I am on about, listen here). 

I have been on a quest for "old things", and was told Bungendore was the place to go, so I decided to take a little trip. It's a very quaint little old town in the country. I didn't take much effort with these pictures, and it being the middle of the day it wasn't ideal and I could hardly see through the viewfinder, or discern anything on the playback screen, so this is what I got, but you will get the idea. Apparently Braidwood, a bit further on, is a town that is entirely heritage listed, but I will save that for another day.



There were homewares shops ...



At which I liked the plants in baking tins on the ladder.



Antique shops ...














I thought this motel was hilariously retro in the middle of it all. Apparently it has been used in a lot of films and catalogue shoots (said the guy who saw me talking pictures and came out for a chat).





I didn't actually buy anything, except three clay roses for $2 each, for some unknown reason, but I now know what kind of things one might find in Bungendore. 

No comments: