Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday photos

So something I was hoping on wasn't snitched from the post. I received this gorgeous Folio book in the mail from a dear old friend, telling me it reminded her of her childhood and she thought it might do the same for me. Yes.


And it came with this card.


And about 15 book recommendations inside, that spilled to the back of the card and the other side of the paper, as well as poetry, lyrics of an Icelandic hymn and news of childhood folk. She's a kindred spirit. It's a blessing to have held onto this friendship throughout so many years.


And I also thought I'd show you my latest thrift shopping haul. I actually happened to go wandering in one weekend and be standing near a door in the shop when one of the staff came out with a trolley that had two bags of this wool on it. I spied it and asked if I could look at it. It's a yarn that is usually $10.95 a ball in the shop (which I would never pay for yarn!), so I broke my don't-stash-any-more-yarn rule and bought it, all 15 balls of it.


I don't yet know what I will make from it, which is that yarn-stashing thing to be avoided, except when you are in op shops! The colour is a little masculine to me, but I am sure I can think of something.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Shirley Hughes!

Ali said...

Indeed it is!

Meredith said...

Lovely. What treasures.
Glad it wasn't in the letterbox earlier.
In fact let us assume there was nothing in the post that fateful day.