Friday, July 05, 2013
The problem with Feedly
So, I have discovered that Feedly is a TOTAL DISASTER. I made a mistake with scheduling a Shakespeare post last night, as some of you will have noticed, and when I did to it what I would normally have done to remove a post from Google Reader, nothing happened. Then I deleted the post, and nothing happened. Then I realised that changes I made to a post earlier in the week hadn't fed into Feedly either. Basically, it appears that how you first publish a post is how it stays Feedly, forever. This means that every spelling error, every apostrophe you accidentally put in the wrong place (because even the best make the occasional typo), every detail you might later want to remove, is left in Feedly for all time. Readers will need to click through to the original post to see any changes. This, folks, is a nightmare.