Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our mail thief

You know what is going to torment me? On Monday evening I got home from work, to discover that someone had been through all the mail boxes at our apartment block. They are usually locked, with a flimsy little key, but they were all unlocked and left open (because you have to use the key to shut them again they weren’t shut properly). The day before my birthday. This is cruel. What if someone sent me something nice and it was stolen? I will never know ...

6 comments:

Gordon Cheng said...

Fair, but this will be someone collecting on behalf of an identity thief. Just keep a daily eye on unauthorized transactions from your credit/debit card for a while.

Ali said...

Ah thank you! I was trying to convince myself that they wouldn't be after birthday cards :) ...

I will keep an eye on my credit card etc. I am not expecting anything from the bank just now but you never know.

Weird that someone could stand in the street and get away with going through that many mailboxes in broad daylight (shows how few people are home in the middle of the day I guess). I was at home yesterday and ready to gather evidence on any offenders!

/Karen/ said...

That happened with the mailboxes on our street. It went on for months! They finally caught the culprits with security cameras.

Ali said...

Oh? Rotten culprits. I believe interfering with mail is a federal offence of no small proportions.

It has happened here before and a while back there was actually a development application stuck near the front door saying something about new mailboxes, but nothing seems to have come of that ... It wouldn't be hard to put up a security camera though.

Meredith said...

Oh that is very sad. Well I hope you didn't lose any birthday cards. And...happy birthday to you dear friend, happy birthday.
Mx

Ali said...

Thank you Meredith! (I am telling myself they weren't after birthday cards ...)