Monday, July 01, 2013

Family news

My brother-in-law who left for Afghanistan on Boxing Day is still there. It's been a long, long time, but the countdown for home is now on. The last photo I saw of him I thought he had two black eyes, such were the dark shadows from working nights for months on end with no break. It's also been hard for my sister managing the kids on her own for so long, but this is what she had them up to recently to send him. I know I am biased, but they are so adorable. I love this, and the little scamp on the end with her crumpled paper.

In other news, my older sister is actually going for an ultrasound today, and she is hoping to find out the sex of the baby, and she is going to tell. So exciting! She didn't have a 12-week ultrasound, which I thought was strange, but even the high-risk obstetrician didn't see the need since they weren't going to avail themselves of "options" should there be a problem with the baby. So she is now 21 weeks and this is the first scan. Hopefully they can get a good look at the baby and we shall know before the day is out.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulate your sister on her thoughtful decision not to have the 12 week ultrasound. As a Christian obstetrician, I wish more consumers would be so discerning!

Ali said...

I will do Anonymous. Your comment is very interesting. Having never had a baby myself I have never really considered the purpose of the 12 week scan, but am now more informed.