Thursday, June 13, 2013

Waiting and what to do with it

Paul Tripp has recently posted a two-part series on waiting. You can read Part 1 here and Part 2 here. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I have been waiting an age for some things, and the longer I have to wait, the less likely it seems there will ever be an end to the wait. So I appreciated these posts. Here is the beginning and the end of Part 2:
Waiting can be difficult. It reminds us that we're not in control. But instead of being discouraged during the wait, we should be a participant in what God is doing in us and through us during the wait.
...

Always remember that God is never separate from your wait. He is the Lord of waiting. He is the liberal giver of grace for the wait. Because your wait isn't outside of his plan, but a vital and necessary part of it, he's with you in your wait.

And remember ... God isn't so much after the success of your life or ministry - he's after you. So as you wait, tell yourself again and again: waiting isn't just about what I get at the end of the wait, but about who I become as I wait.

No comments: