Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Foto

You might have to click this to enlarge it to make out any of my scrawl. But this is just something I got up to last night. (It’s strange, but I feel like if I post such things it might look like it’s contrived, or like I am 'piousing it up' (yes, I just made that phrase up), but I guess one would hope the bible would appear here at least occasionally.) I have been reading through 1 Corinthians, and decided to make sure I had memorised 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a. That might sound a little Hallmark, but the love described here is actually a very long way from “sentimental”. It says nothing about how love sets the world all aglow, or makes it whirl colour, or your heart skip a beat, or you to feel like dancing, or pinching the cheeks of babies ... These are hard things.

Then I compared the Holman to the ESV, which was interesting (I am wishing I had bought a Holman without the ugly font, but anyway). For some reason the fact that resentment=keeping a record of wrongs, and irritable=easily provoked were small moments of clarity.

(And to keep it real, these white cards are relics of failed or neglected prayer system #583. And I have since realised that I left a "not" out before "rejoice".)


No comments: