Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday musings

So apparently I also share a personality type with CS Lewis and Dorothy Sayers (though I can’t vouch for how these things are worked out posthumously). I read that article because I saw that it was quoting Dorothy Sayers, but it’s a weird sort of article really, and I don’t actually align with what it does quote from Dorothy Sayers.

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson is being written as poetry as part of the Pulitzer Remix Project. This is fabulous, except I think I need to read the book again because some of the poems seem to be at something I don’t recall. (You need to click on each book cover, starting from the bottom, then on the search symbol to see each poem.)

ND Wilson has written a new book, Death by Living, to be released in July, which already makes me feel like a waste of space, just from the Amazon blurb. But I think I want to read it. "A poetic portrait of faith, futility, and the joy of this mortal life" has got me.

And the latest Frankie Magazine, which was delivered to my door this week, has an article in it on The Tallest Man on Earth, and on Jack and Holman Wang who are making the Cozy Classics. Nice.

No comments: