Thursday, March 28, 2013

Moving to Feedly

By the way, I tried setting up Feedly on Sunday. It works well enough for me as a Google reader replacement, in light of its impending demise, but it doesn’t seem to cache things like Google reader does, does it? I can’t seem to find a way in to old posts that I have “read” for blogs I have subscribed to, whereas in Google reader I have the whole history of them. Does anyone know if this exists in Feedly?

Actually, I should amend that, as I know that if I turn off "unread only" within a particular blog, I get old posts on that blog. But when I go to index, if a blog I subscribe to hasn't posted recently, it is not there (and I can't seem to turn off "unread only" in the index), and I don't know where else to find it.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I've been wondering what to do about all of this. Been considering dropping my reading list to 10, putting them in the favourites (and yes, of course this blog would be in that list) and then checking them once or twice a week in the old fashioned way of clicking on the sites!!

Let us know your thoughts on Feedly as your research continues.